Monday, July 23, 2012

Tool #2: Building Community in the Online Environment!

Here are a few of my favorite places to connect with music teachers and gather ideas.

Twitter - I only follow educators that share ideas. Not people that tell me what they're having for lunch or treat it like a facebook status but rather people that share ideas, share experiences and share the latest technology they are using.

Blogs - there are many music teachers blogging but some of my favorite to follow are piano teachers. They seem to be very creative, willing to share resources and handouts, and love to make up new games. Some of my favorites are: Color My Piano , Beth Music Notes , Susan Paradis and Pianimation

Pinterest - warning: can be addicting! Great place to gather ideas and store them. You can search for ideas and pin ideas you like.

Musicpln.org was my favorite place to connect and learn from music teachers. At its peak, they had over 2,500 members, 37 forums, 1,000 topics, and over 12,000 user updates. Today the site is part of Facebook. 

There are many other tools but these are a few of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment